Ticking noise

From: David Henry (dhenry@advdata.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 19:40:49 EDT

I've got what could be the valve tick noise thing going. It's fairly loud.
 I did the big screwdriver to the ear thing and it sounds the loudest on
the passenger valve covers. It's also quite noisy on the fuel rails. I
forgot to even check the drivers side as it sounds like it's coming from
the passenger side. I also hear a much fainter noise on the manifold.

Is this likely to be the valves? Can the injectors make a ticking noise?
 I know it didn't always do this, so is this something that occurs with
age?

I may try to hook up a microphone up to the end of the screwdriver and see
if I can get some wav files recorded. Sort of analogous to "a picture is
worth 1K words".

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI