Re:Hotchkis Sway bars, Attn Gen 2's

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 23:22:41 EDT

<First question, are the new kits out only for 96(7)+, or do the work with
<Gen. 2 (94) also?

There are subtle differences between the suspensions for these years. Off
the cuff my answer would be no they probably don't fit, but I haven't had a
gen 2 on the rack to try them. Out in the back, Dodge changed to a
staggered shock arrangement on the gen 3's. i.e. the passenger side shock is
now mounted in front of the axle. I have a sneaky suspicion that the rear
bar will pass through where your shock lives.

<If answer to #1 is correct, will the front bar fit on a lifted (Trailmaster
<4") Dak? The lift drops the front diff down. The original sway bar
<brackets are retained (along with the bar) and mounted on auxiliary
<brackets.

Pretending that they do fit on a stock gen 2 Dak, if the stock bar fits on
the front, then ours should fit as well. Your rear bar will probably need
longer end links.
-Gary Pinkley
97 Really Red Dak