Re: Re: MP Magnum Valve Cover install

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 00:27:22 EDT

Michael Clark wrote:

> Be prepared for leaking oil caps! Those are a "feature" of the MP covers...

I had this problem many times on my older mopars. It's always the pcv valve
going bad, or a vacuum leak that messes up the pvc circuit. You get excessive
pressure in the valve cover and it blows oil out of the cap. Since I retained
the stock pcv and breather set up I don't think I'll have a problem. After
about a 20 mile cruise tonight after install the valve covers... no leak

Mike Williams -- VP Mid-Michigan Mopar Enthusiasts
99 Blk T/A CC
70 Challenger T/A also black...
Mark your calendars.. June, 6th our 2nd all Mopar Show see
http://mid-mich-mopars.org