Re: : SAM and others going to Carlsbad

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 16:45:34 EDT

:

> > > any specific requirements for the helmets?
> >
> > 13.99 and faster needs a Snell 85; 90; or 95. Or a
> SFI 31.1; 31.2; 41.1 or
> > 41.2 !! (I also believe they must be full faced
> ... these are NHRA mandated
> > rules)

Heck, if I could get a 13.99 or faster I'd BUY a new helmet!!!!

Snell 85 or better is all that's required for Carlsbad. Full faced is
not a requirement, and I've seen quite a few drivers with just the open
face helmets. Checkout the guys racing the vintage dragsters-- not
full face.

Anyway, I am going tomorrow and will be there at 1 pm.

Weather predictions look great (sunny, cold, and windy!--- nothing like
a good tail wind.) It would be great to get a 4-5 Dakota turn out this
time. Martin, Bruce, you guys going??? I'll bring all the helmets I
have, but need to know who's going to show.

Let me know...

My cell # 619-DOT-DATA.... and it'll be on me on Saturday.

Sam '99 RT RC (shooting for a 14.5?)