Re: A big cam w/stock 98-99 computer?

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 14:47:46 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/99 2:53:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, leefam@wcc.net
writes:

<< I don't think I've heard of anybody running a non-stock cam in a 97+ Dak.
 Here's my theory, though.

I've had personal experience with a cam similar (identical) to the MP Grind
in a '98 Dak 5.2L ...

Good power gains, torque curve is similar to stock, nice and smooth with a
few extra R's ...

It did have a problem with the check engine light coming on though, and we
never did get that resolved before he sold the truck. I run a cam with .512"
lift intake/exhaust with the duration @ .050" 210 intake 220 exhaust, and my
check engine light wasn't on near as much as his .. odd

For the money spent, you might get bigger gains elsewhere ... try, nitrous :)

ttyl
Patrick
surf.to/rdperformance