Bose idea

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 04:34:22 EDT

Hey gang,
I was reading about Bose's new Nd speakers. Here is what I read; "Bose has
spent 3 years developing a woofer . . . . a shallow design that will fit
inside a door. . . .expect performance typical of a conventionally designed
12-inch woofer." WOW! These speakers are not available(I couldn't find them)
by themselves but are part of OEM/Bose systems on various vehicles. One such
vehicle is the GMC Envoy, which according to Crutchfield, takes a 6 1/2S"
speaker in the front door. One could probably order the speakers from any GM
dealership.
Imagine putting a pair of these in the stock rear locations. This is just an
idea as I've already ordered an 8" Bazooka(RS804-$130) But if this works as
advertised I could sell the Baszooka.

Anyone heard these speakers?

Dr. Pat