Re: speaking of JET.... -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 21:51:05 EDT

uuuhhh.... I don't think Magnum was out untill 92.... My mechanic told me
that there was no change according to her parts guy... I may just order it
and send it back if it don't work.....ya' think I should?????

-mike d.

>>> <HEMI@charter.net> 04/06/99 07:42pm >>>

Yep , the 6 didn't go Magnum style until the 89 model year . That is your
problem .

At 06:28 PM 4/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I was on their webpage and I was thrilled to see that JET offers a
plug-in
>module for 89 Dakota 6ers... mine is an 88, but I think "how different can
>it be?". Well, according to JET, they changed the wiring harness and the
>processor in March 88, so unless my Dak was built after March 88 it
>woudn't work. Well, as luck would have it, my Dak was built BEFORE
the
>magic date, so no JET for me.... but there is hope, I think.... according to
>my dealer, there was no change made to the Dakota's Computers
>between 88 and 89, and definitely not a change mid year circa. March
>88. hhhmmmmmmm.. should I order the part anyway? I mean, if it don't
>work, I can send it back right? Does ANYONE know if there is in fact a
>difference in the 88 and 89 computers? help!
>
>-mike d.

Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html