RE: Stereo Questions-better price -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 22:37:09 EDT

In My opinion, The MTX sub may just be your best bet. The JL is a great
sub, but it's pricey. The thing about JL is they don't make their own subs,
so they don't have any control over the quality. 1 in 4 JL subs is
defective. They also have a tendancy to rip away from the spider or
bottom out. I've never been impressed by a JBL sub. My phylosophy is:
stay away from any speaker that is made in Japan. They are all made at
the same sweat shop, by the same kids. They need to make so many
speakers, that they use cheaper components that they can order in bulk
so they can build the speakers faster. But this compromises quality.
(Alpine and Rockford have recently started doing this too...it's a
shame...). If you want to take a chance with the JL, go for it. A good JL
is a DAMN GOOD sub. If you don't want to take a chance and ssave a
little money, get the MTX. IMHO, stay away from the JBL.
flame away =)

-mike d.

>>> "Densteadt, James" <james.densteadt@eds.com> 04/07/99 08:54am

How do the MTX subs compare to say...JBL or JL audio....as far as
sound and
quality. Just curious! The ratings on the MTX subs seem lesser than that
of the JBL's.