Re: 17 inch wheels (Pre '97) -Reply

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 23:33:12 EDT

Mike d. .... you Da Man!

It never crossed my mind to get the mesurements of my current wheels and
just up the 15 to 17. I'm planning on running a 255/50 R17 which is almost
exactly the same diameter as what I have right now (255/60 R15) so the
speedo will not change any and I know there will be no clearance issues (as
long as the new rims have the same offset/backspacing as the old ones did).
I plan on getting Saber (style 94) Centerlines. I'm still undecided about
rubber. I was looking at either the Nitto 455 or BFG Compt T/A ZR4 (or was
it VR4). Nitto's are the cheapest but I haven't really heard very much
about this company. BTW they have THE coolest website I have ever seen
www.nittotire.com (the flash version) BFG... I've heard of them, mostly good
too, but they are a little more expensive. Not a whole lot of tires in that
size...

I'll be ordering the sway bar by the end of the month, and with the budget
I've set I'll be buying the wheels by August. In the meantime I'll be doing
my homework finding a good source for the wheels. Thanks a bunch to
everyone who has helped me with this!

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
                   '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page