Re: Re: Traction

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 11:59:24 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/99 11:53:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<<
 To make it even easier...and in "Hot Rodder" talk: On my old BB Camaro, I
 had 3.23's on it for everyday driving but when I took it to the track
 (Pro-Street Class Bracket Racing), I could smoke the tires all day but
 never was able to "hook up" like I wanted it to. I changed the gears over
 to 4.11 and watched my E.T's get better and could "hook up" the rear wheels
 with almost no slippage. (Bear in mind that I had 450+ FT LBS of Torque
 and 480+ Horsepower available.)

 In your situation, I would probably choose the 3.92's (R/T's come with them
 anyway) and a 235/70 (BFG Radial T/A is my personal choice).

Hm, I understand that but I swear it didnt even come close to solving my
traction problem. I went from 3.90 to 4.10, not much of a change, but a
change and it really didnt help at all. Then when I put the 5.9 in, just all
that much worse. Now, with good stickys and traction control, I love the
4.10.
Eric k