Re: Need Recommendations for some Mods...

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 17:38:05 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/99 4:18:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, creck@ais.net
writes:

<< I am mainly looking for the best fuel
efficient/power combo. >>

If you're looking for better fuel efficiency, the MSD 6A box will give you a
slight increase in gas milage (probably due to the MSD's multiple firing
under 3,000 rpm) along with a hotter spark which means you can open your
plugs up alittle higher than you could without it.

<< Can anyone recommend what plugs I should go with, the gapping, and anything
 special I should know about the wires as far as arcing is concerned? >>

Open the gap up slowly, but don't open it up too far ... maybe in the range
of .045" - .055".

As for the wires - I really don't like MSD's wires ... You might want to
check out what Magnecor has to offer. The quality of these wires really make
them worth the extra cost. Check out
http://members.aol.com/rdperform/magnecor.html .

<< I'm also looking at a K&M air filter setup and was wondering what people
recommend as the best power/fuel combo? >>

Milage sometimes drops with the open element FIPK, so if gas milage is a
concern stick with a drop in filter or an aftermarket cold air kit ..

ttyl
Patrick
surf.to/rdperformance