Re[2]: Where is the Fuel Filter located?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 19:49:07 EDT

<<It's really not hard at all to pull the tank. I have dropped my tank 2 times
now to replace the fuel pump assembly. I would highly suggest to get another
person to help you, along with a jack. All that is really holding the tank up
is 2 steel straps bolted to the bed, which only take 10 minutes to tak those
off. I would say after pulling the gas filler neck and vent line off, all
that is left is the 2 gas lines, vent line, and electrical connector. All in
all, dropping the tank really only took me this last time about 25 minutes
total. I do suggest to spray penetrant lube on those tank strap bolts!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6>>

Good to know, Kyle... I'm gonna file this one away for future reference. Still
seems goofy to me not to put a *real* filter in a truck.
L8R,
Tom