Re: RE: 96 LSD growl--RE

From: Tim (magnum318@bewellnet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 23:45:23 EDT

 If the sound is coming from what is called the pumkin(that's the big
basketball shaped part) in the center of the rear axles--it probably is the
carrier bearings. If the sound is coming from either side or both ends of
the axle(just behind the brake backing plate--then it's the axle end
bearings. --I have a '95 V-8 LSD axle and it's as quiet as a mouse. Either
way --that dealer needs to break into the axle and REPAIR IT