Re: 96 LSD growl

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 09:10:49 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/99 8:51:11 PM EST, mike.burgess@akamail.com writes:

> My Dad always had LSD in the rear axle in his cars, and what happens is
> a long drive, the lube gets foam in it. Pull off the fwy, turn in to a
> gas station, crunch - creak - grind. The cure is to use reverse for
> 20 - 30 feet, that seems to re-distribute the lube into the clutches,
> and lets them slip instead of chatter.
I had this problem with the sure grip I had in my old 87 Dak. There is an
additive you can get from the dealer. Its a friction modifier "blue smelly
shit" that costs about $4.00. One bottle should be added every time you
change the fluid in the axle.
I dont remember the P/N but just ask for the Hypoid limited slip additive for
the axle.
TTYL
Boog