Re: Brakes

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 12:13:03 EDT

On April 12, Johnny Z. wrote:
>Had to replace the rear brakes/drums at under 8000 miles and the front
>brakes/rotors at under 14000 miles. Now my truck is pulsating again.
>Any recommendations on replacment brakes/rotors?

Two years ago, I took my '96 Grand Caravan ES to Midas Muffler
who replaced both rotors and I opted for their Carbon Metallic
pads. Their rotors are made of higher quality metal than stock
D-C rotors and the carbon metallic pads decreased stopping
distance and gave less brake dust. Cost was extremely reasonable
as well. In Canada, if you're a CAA member, you get 10% off.

When the rotors/pads go on the '97 Dakota, I would go back
to them, based on this experience. Hopefully, they have the
carbon metallic pads available for the Dakota as well.

LOL

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2