RWABS

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 14:21:50 EDT

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:25:31 -0500
From: "Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian" <leefam@wcc.net>
Subject: Re: : DML: Re: Re: RE: Dak Damage!! Ford Expedition!

At 09:25 AM 4/13/1999, you wrote:

That's not how I understand it. I though t there was some setup in
the
rear that proportioned the amount of braking effort to the rear
end.... If
there was load in the bed, the rear brakes got more, if not, they
only got
a small percentage of the weight. All of this has no effect on the
fact
the ABS should have come on (maybe only at certain speeds does it
work??).
I know when i do a burnout and use the brake pedal to stop
afterwards, my
ABS system goes on. But when I cruise around town and have to stop
fast,
no rear ABS. So mine kinda works I guess....

Brian

There is a speed sensor on your rear differential. If, it senses one
or both wheels locking, the abs computer releases a valve (that is
the clicking noise) that restricts the flow of brake fluid to both
rear wheels and the wheels do not lock.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com
Victoria, B.C.