Re: Research Info:Catalytic Converters

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 21:38:16 EDT

Isn't there some clause that says after 50k miles or so, the catalytic
converter need not be replaced if it goes bad? Does this vary from state to
state?

Here in TX it seems like they are pretty stringent on visual inspection, and
yet I see a lot of highly-modified vehicles running around, late-model
trucks with LOUD exhaust, etc. - what gives?

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate