Power Bands -auto

From: Brian Pearson (diesel_brian@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 11:12:52 EDT

My Dakota has almost 80K miles now and I change the
filter and fluid in the transmission every 20K miles
but I have never adjusted the power bands.

I don't know nothing about autos, but a friend of mine
said that he knows how to do it and he has the tools,
he just needs the adjustment settings, some kind of
adjustments for the transmission power bands and said
that he does not know what they are because they are
different for each vehical.

He said that he need to know exactly what they are
because if he was to guess, my transmission would be
junk within 10 miles.

If someone knows could you send that information to
me. If not what is a dealership going to charge me to
do that?

Thanx, Brian
97/ V6 3.9/ auto