RE: Dak Accident takes a horrible turn

From: Meseika, Raymond V [AMSTA-AR-QAA] (meseika@pica.army.mil)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 13:21:31 EDT

There is an easy way to make sure you have enough space between you and the
vehicle in front of you. In good weather use the 2 second rule. Pick out a
convenient landmark (a destination sign, a tree or etc) and when the vehicle
in front of you passes it start counting oonnee thhoousand and one, oonnee
thhousand and two, slowly in other words. At this point you should be just
reaching the landmark, if not adjust your speed. for heavy rain go to 3
secs and for heavy snow go to 4 secs.

I know keeping a good distance away isn't macho or manly and 9 times out 10
some dipstick will go for your space, all you really can do is take it on
the chin but this will help you avoid accidents. When I was young I was
full of piss and vinegar and accidents didn't matter. Now that I'm gray I
try my best to avoid them.

Enough of this soapbox stuff, I checked the Mopar Performance parts catalog,
on the internet and for a '99 4X4 DAK, there are not application of headers
listed. Next earliest is the 97s. So I'll just have to wait or try someone
else?

Ray Daddy Long Legs

Just saw the my dodge sales lady and she said it would be another 2 weeks
before my truck comes in. Soon to be DAK Man! Goll Darnit where be me
Farmers Bureau id? I need to get my extra $500 rebate