DAk back from service

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 10:01:44 EDT

Well she is home and all is well.

1) The DC factory got involved with the water leak. It seems that there are several 99 DAKs out there with the same leak, so DC wanted to get to the bottom of the problem. It turns out that the inner seal for the windshield was missing at the top driver's side. Well they sent my DAK to the glass shop and they replaced the seal. DC express shipped a new carpet right from the assembly line and that got replaced yesterday. They also changed my oil and filter for free as a gift for being so patient.

2) They said that the TSB for the synthetic fluid in the Diffs is only for the Durango, but they did it any way. They didn't want any problems because of prob #1.

3) They adjusted the emergency brake and bleed the air out of the clutch. What a difference.

4) The notice my concern with the erratic idle, but they couldn't find anything wrong. Another message to come on this.

To any and all in the Long Island and / or Metro NY area, this is truely a FIVE STAR dealer. I strongly reccomend HERBEE Motors on Sunrise Highway in West Islip, NY. From what I hear about other dealers, this one truely rates at 5 stars. George tessard is the service manager-- 516-422-0135.

Later
Joe