Lowered R/T 2" & 2"

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 10:47:51 EDT

  Hello DAKsters,

  I finally got both ends of my R/T RC dropped 2". If you're familiar
with my previous post(s), I had originally lowered the rear 2" with a
block kit. I had mine built by a local frame shop, but have since
learned that GroundForce has block kits for our R/T's. Part # 91122 for
the big 3 1/2" axle and part # 91123 for the standard 3" axle.

  Yesterday, I installed the GForce #1038 2" drop front springs. Total
install time was 2 1/2 hours and included removing the rear wheels to
trim the rear bump-stops. Instructions were comprehensive and detailed,
but I have a factory service manual and the procedure there was much
shorter and easier.

  Since the R/T has already been lowered 5/8" & 1", the drop wasn't
quite as advertised. My fenders are now 30" front and 31" rear from the
ground. I didn't measure before, so i'd like to ask someone with a
stock RC R/T to measure for me. I just measure from the ground to the
center (lowest part) of the fender lip.

  Nothing rubs, and no bumps after trimming the bump-stops. GForce
recommended trimming the fronts 1/2" (I went 3/4") and I trimmed the
rears 1", as there was only 1" clearance with stock bump-stops. I
haven't noticed the dreaded bump-steer yet, and yes, the truck looks
great!

  Also, I have an extra pair of #1038 front springs, as the idiot
salesman at "Salesco" duped me into buying two. He told me to do the
front I'd need two, so that's what I bought - unfortunately, there are 2
in each kit. At this time I couldn't recommend buying from them, as
they're giving me a hard time about returning the second set. So if
anyone needs a pair..... they were $88.

  Sour Lake Dodge on Sat 4-17? What time? I'll try to make it - it's
only 30 miles (I'm supposed to work, but may not be able to due medical
problems).

                Later,

                        Russ Selkirk

--