Re: Are cops above the law ?

From: KSS007@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 18:11:24 EDT

Speaking of problems with the police. I was driving my 4 month old DAK along
a 4 lane highway (74) in NC. Less than 6000 miles on it. I passed what
appeared to be an undercover police car. The car was a 91 white Ford
Thunderbird. I proceeded to pass "her" as we came to an intersection with a
light. After I passed we got closer and the light turned red. We were going
at normal speed and distance now. I had about 3 or 4 cars in front of me and
they stopped, then I stopped(not fast or anything) then about 30 seconds to a
minute later I was rear-ended by the cop going about 30-40 MPH. I then hit
the car in front of me. I got out of my truck(much pain in my neck and back
now) and said to the cop "who hit you?" Becasue I could'nt have been hitten
by a cop for no reason. She said "nobody" and that the reason was because
her pager went off and she looked down at it then hit me. She was an
undercover sheriffs deputy for Union County Sheriffs Office in Monroe NC. So
watch out when you travel there.........The damage to my DAK was the bumper
pushed under the truck, the bed hit the cab and dented it big time and a
scratched front bumper......