Re: Attn: Joe /was: All Magnum 318 owners.

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 22:41:36 EDT

Here are my responses to your question, Joe

I would like to pose a question to all the Magnum 318 owners. I have a 99 5.2l 4x4 5 spd, and when I come to a stop the idle bounces a bit. Of course the clutch is in so it is actually in neutral. The dealer saw this happen, but there is no codes and I have the latest and greatest PCM software. So I ask the following:

1) Any other 5spd DAk owners have this problem? Any auto owners experience this?
Yes, I have had it since new, same conditions, same dealer results.

2) What year DAK and what tranny type do you have? and do you have the updated software installed in your computer?
99 Dak, 5-speed. It was in for service in November, 1998, don't know if they updated the software.

I would like to compile this info and look for any trends. My thinking is that maybe this new software is driving the AIS motor crazy (my IAS will cycle continually sometimes when on the highway) and ignoring its codes. My biggest complaint is when I am in stop and go traffic, and If I catch the bounce cycle in the downward bouce and let up the clutch, the DAK almost stalls. (Mine did stall when new)

Thanks for your time and info.
Joe

I would like hear your future findings, I have always believed that the weird problems and poor milage is related the 99 software. Did you also know that the the 99's use a JTEC-II program? Dont know what it is , just that it makes a difference in how the 99's behave.