RE: MR2 Spankadoodle

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 23:57:14 EDT

Had one. 200hp stock, and handled like it was on rails (don't ever think of
trying to follow one on some twisties ;-). It ran 0-60 in the low 6s stock
0-60, and low 14s in the quarter, and topped out at 145mph or so. Like all
turbo cars from Toyota, for about $500 you could add another 50-70 hp to the
party, and have it running low-mid 5s and in the high 13s quarter mile. If
you wanted to go "nuts" and spend $3000, you could have 400+hp (bigger
turbo). Its a favorite car of the "hi-pro value" car mags for doing
buildups.

Biggest problem was that you needed to launch hard with the boost up to get
anywhere (would bog off the line otherwise). Not the best car for stoplight
drags, but pretty magic on the track (road course) or on the highway

Craig