Battery Post/Terminal Questions

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 18 1999 - 19:02:11 EDT

Well now that I know my optional non-used battery post holes(threaded) can be
used wihtout battery drain, because is it on the same plate as the other
posts(thanks to my fellow DMLers!!!),I want to do something and need advice
on it.
First, I have a Champion 4x4 battery which provides 1050 CA at 30 degrees and
900 CCA at 0 degrees. I love this battery! Had it on for over 2 years now.

This battery came with 2 top posts installed, to which I use for my main
power for my Dakota, ie startups. The battery also has 2 'side post'
holes(threaded), which can be used I guess if the top posts were not usable,
due to height restrictments?. Fortunately for me, I am able to use all 4
battery posts. I want to use the optional 2 side mount posts for when I get
my MSD 6-Offroad box, and for when I eventually get 2 fog and 2 driving
lights put on my grill/brush guard, etc; just so I don't have to mess with
tapping into the power cable terminals.

Question is:
What would be better to use for the side post mounts? Here is what I can't
decide on what would be best:
1. Putting(bolting) on actual solid posts(the ones that most top post
batteries comes with), both on the positive and negative side and then using
the clamp battery terminals, similar to to the ones car audio shops use/sell
and using the battery power taps(bolts&nuts) to connect to my accessories
OR
2. Just bolting into the holes studs which have threaded rod which goes into
the post holes but also has threaded rod available to connect auxil. items,
also similar to the ones used/sold in car audio shops.

I have used 'similar to the ones used/sold in car audio shops' loosely
becuase I would get them either from a car audio shop or from a local HD
electrical shop. I appreciate any and all input on this!!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6