Any tips on a Tip?

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 18 1999 - 22:48:33 EDT

About 6-7 months ago, I cut off the 2.5" 90 degree bend of the stock exhaust
pipe and put on a mandrel bent 2.5" 45 degree pipe; so instead of exiting
behind the rear tire it now exits at the corner of the rear bumper. Well, I
skimped out, and bought a very cheap exhaust tip($10 for a 2.5" inlet to a 3"
outlet) and it is about all covered in rust.
I want to buy an exhaust tip and not have to worry about it for a while, so I
figure stainless steel(T304 grade?) is the way to go. I am looking for a tip
that will fit over a 2.5" pipe and have either a 3" or a 3.5" outlet. I need
the length to be somehwhere in the area of 12-15 inches long. Anyone have a
good recommendation for what brand is good, I mean GOOD!? I was looking at
Gibsons', as they seem to be of good quality. Slash or round really doesn't
matter to me. THANKS
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 103,500 miles