Re: MSD splicing(PN#8873)

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 19 1999 - 18:11:46 EDT

<<
 For those that arent comfortable splicing into their wiring, MSD sells a
universal wiring harness that works GREAT for Dodge trucks. The harness is
around $13 from Summit. There are other advantages to leaving the factory
wiring in tact. If you decide
 to go back to the stock coil you can simply unplug the MSD harness and
reconnect to the stock coil. Not to mention that if for some reason your
splice job decides to come apart on you in the middle of BFE your gonna be
SOL. Hell, I've been an aircraft electrician for several years and given the
choice of using a $13 aftermarket harness vs. splicing into my factory wiring
I'll take the harness. The P/N for the harness is 8873 >>

This does look like to be a good way to connect an MSD box to the coil. MSD
calls this PN#8873 their Universal Installation harness. It is designed to be
used in late model vehicles, especially Dodges. This harness lets you splice
into the 2 wires going into the factory coil, or Accel Super Coil(PN#140021),
which utilizes the stock coil location and wiring connector. The ends of MSD
universal harness have terminals that you crimp to the original wiring. Then
you just connect the MSD box to the corresponding colored wiring to finish
the mod off. If you want to bypass the MSD box, just unplug the harness and
plug in the factory wiring coil wires. The harness has Perma-Seal and
wheathertight seals/connectors; which have locked connections. I am
definately going this route when adding the MSD 6-Offroad box to my Dak; for
the price I think it is well worth it.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6