88 dakota 3.9 4x4 needs help!

From: John van Gemert (capper@worldchat.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 1999 - 21:18:35 EDT

I got a problem with my Dakota, the thing runs like crap.
Did the plugs, wires,distributer cap and rotor,timing,pvc,still runs bad
No codes come up......truck back fires when gas is apllied....and bogs down
when under load from a stand still.....gas mixture screws up....tail pipe
lets out black smoke
replaced the EGR, throtlle pos. and throtle kicker still runs the same
Had diagnostic done twice the big Chysler says not the timing and all is
well....then i almost stall leaving the lot
problem is intermitant and will go away for a week or two then come
back...they tell me if the computer goes it' goes for good..so not
computer.????
would waxing the old DAk help my problem....that is... i picked up a 99 R/T
last fall mayby the old one feels neglected
seriously would apreciate any advice (drawing straws now)

John van Gemert
88 se 4x4
99 rt black pearl