Any tips on a Tip? -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 20:07:16 EDT

I'm runnin' a couple Hooker 4" rolled tips. They are about 16" long. They
are 2.5 in and 4" out. They are the "big bore" style. I got them from Jegs
for about 25 a pop... check em' out.. They don't look as ricey as they do
in the catalog =)

-mike d.

>>> <GrnDak4x4@aol.com> 04/18/99 10:48pm >>>
About 6-7 months ago, I cut off the 2.5" 90 degree bend of the stock
exhaust
pipe and put on a mandrel bent 2.5" 45 degree pipe; so instead of exiting
behind the rear tire it now exits at the corner of the rear bumper. Well, I
skimped out, and bought a very cheap exhaust tip($10 for a 2.5" inlet to a
3"
outlet) and it is about all covered in rust.
I want to buy an exhaust tip and not have to worry about it for a while,
so I
figure stainless steel(T304 grade?) is the way to go. I am looking for a tip

that will fit over a 2.5" pipe and have either a 3" or a 3.5" outlet. I need
the length to be somehwhere in the area of 12-15 inches long. Anyone
have a
good recommendation for what brand is good, I mean GOOD!? I was
looking at
Gibsons', as they seem to be of good quality. Slash or round really
doesn't
matter to me. THANKS
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 103,500 miles