WOT don't feel fast ma'....

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 20:34:47 EDT

Okay ya'll, I've got a question...
My truck must not care much for WOT. As a matter of fact, it just plain
feels slower at WOT than it does at say 3/4.... Here are my mods: 14"x2"
FABM (no K&N yet, just paper element that came with it), Edelbrock
Shorties w/ factory Y pip, Slowmaster 3" in dual 2.25 out, wannabe high
flow cat (it's only 2" though.. weird huh?). It's like this, when the peddle
meets the floor the truck goes, but it doesn't feel like it's really goin' any
faster than it does at 3/4. Actually, it feels a little slower and it shifts
later.. too late almost (pegged the ol' rev limiter more than once). This is
very distressing. feels like maybe there ain't enough fuel or spark. I'm
debating and ignition upgrade, but I don't know if I want to spend the
money on a POSSIBLE fix, ya' know? HELP!

-mike d.