KB and TBs

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 10:11:29 EDT

Joel,
funny you should ask! We are working with "those guys" to find out the very
thing of which you ask! turns out they had never tried a modified TB on
their kits...They should know in a couple of weeks. We will keep the list
posted on their results! As for loosing HP with a bored out TB on a stock
motor, I do believe that it is possible! It seems to boil down to the
"truckness" of the motor IMO. The whole pressure pulsation issue in the
intake manifold seems to be a big "mystery" to a lot of people (me too!)
Stock cam, intake, PCM and heads are a tuned system. The TB is part of that
tuning! Those crazy chryco engineers were doing more than sitting around
drinking coffee when they worked this system out! BUT, add MPI manifolds,
new cams, head porting, radical PCMs... all bets are off as to whats gonna
make the HP!
BKB