Re: Teen drag racing !!! (yes, for me)

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 12:13:28 EDT

<< i am thinking of removing the following for weight reasons..
 (rear chrome bumper already replaced with a lund roll pan)
 -spare tire
 -Fiberglass tonneau cover
 -stereo system (~50 lbs mtx thunder form with subs.)
 the passenger seat.
 -misc body panels and speakers....
 should i do this? how much time do you think i'd gain if i removed all of
 the above?
 is there anything else that i could easily remove and put back on that's
 worth the hassle?
 -Dester
 PS. I said i might not win, but i never said i didn't want to.

Every 100 lbs is a tenth of a second. Leave the heavy stuff in the rear,
like the spare. And if you can, put the bumper back on. You need that
weight for traction, and better weight transfer. Or, you can do what I do.
Run it on th track like you run it on the street. That way when you are
cruisin around town the truck will still run what you claim, and not be
slower. Something else you may want to consider, remove the front sway bar.
That will help weight tansfer and traction.

Brad