'98 Dak Sport--rusty front bumper

From: dkemp@idirect.com
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 14:23:46 EDT

Hi to all,

Love my Dak ( '98, V6, Amethyst, tonneau) but am having a problem with the
black powdercoated front bumper; it's got the pox.

Now I realize that these rust spots are from stone chips, but considering
the leading edge of anything takes the friction, you'd think Dodge would
put on a coating of something a bit more resistant to stone impacts. My
former car, Honda Civic, had a nice rubber clad front bumper--that's what I
call engineering. I do, however, think I saw such cladding on a Ram truck.

Ok, so I guess I may be able to finagle my dealer to refinish the bumper
under extended warranty, but I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what
kind of paint to get them to put on.

If they put on the same powdercoat, it'll just do the same thing in no
time. Is there some kind of rubber paint that I could ask them to use?

Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend. (Sunny and warm here in
Oakville, Ontario, Can.)

david