Re: Spark knock

From: David Rand Kirtland (drk16@cornell.edu)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 11:55:31 EDT

My mom had a 4.0 liter jeep that would knock going up hills, surge at low
speeds and basically ran like ass. the dealer checked it told us that it
was "normal" and "in your head." needless to say we don't deal with them
anymore. went to another dealership they pissed around with it, replaced a
bunch of stuff(warranty), but it ended up being one of the plug wires being
bad. its one of those problems that has a lot of possible sources. good luck

At 09:05 AM 5/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I took my r/t into the shop yesterday for spark nock problem. They are
>claiming it is being cause by my spark plug wires and have ordered a new
>set. I was thinking a computer adjustment was what was going to have to be
>done. Has anyone heard of spark plug wires causing spark nock. Thanks.
>

>T.Matt
>99 Club Cab Deep Amethyst R/T
>Harrisburg, PA

          David Rand Kirtland