K&N RIPOFF!

From: SuperNagz@aol.com
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 17:54:35 EDT

After hearing word of the release of the K&N Gen II kit for the '99 Dak, I
called K&N directly... although the rep. said the kit is not yet officialy
released until the end of the week, he did have the pricing and part number...
Get this..
$349... American...
part # 57-1509...

I called Summit.. and they don't have their pricing yet... I know Summit
always sells them at a lower cost than K&N would direct.. but.. I doubt it
would be enuff of a signifigant savings to persuade me to buy it..

I was really looking forward to getting this kit too...

I don't understand it.. the most expensive FIPK kit in the Summit catalog is
$225, which is for the LT-1 F-Body... how can our truck be 50% higher than
this?

All I have to say is I sure hope Summit turns around and sells it at a VERY
VERY reduced price than does K&N.. otherwise.. I may be looking at one of
your guys'es do-it-yourself backyard jobs...