Re: DML:I HATE DEALERS - Service Contract

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 19:28:00 EDT

OK,
I pulled out my "Chrysler Service Contract". Here is the wording in my
contract, verbatim. I hope this helps.
Rich - Ashburn, VA

CAR RENTAL ALLOWANCE (OVERNIGHT REPAIRS):
Coverage starts on the date you purchase the plan and is not subject to a
deductible. The Plan will pay up to $30 per day ($150 maximum) for a rental
any time repairs take overnight, and a component is covered by the Plan,
manufacturer's Powertrain Warranty or 12/12, (24/18 in New York State) or
36/36 Basic Warranty.

The Plan will not pay for rental charges for a vehicle that is awaiting
service or parts unless the vehicle is inoperable, due to a covered
component failure, or unless continued operation would cause further damage.

The rental car must be obtained from a Dealer or from a licensed rental
agency. Rental coverage is subject to state and local laws and policies
imposed by the rental agency. Rental charges in excess of the amount
allowed by the Plan are your responsibility. The Plan is not responsible
for any refusal of a rental agency to rent a vehicle to you.

CHRYSLER VEHICLES ONLY:
The total dollar limit per visit will be increased to $300 with $30 per day
limit, if repairs are delayed because of Chrysler's failure to deliver a
Chrysler replacement part (National Back Order status) and we are notified
of the delay, by the dealer, within the first 5 days of the rental period.