Re: How do you get the alt pulley nut off?

From: Bob King (k85go76@erols.com)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 20:57:14 EDT

A word of caution on the the alternator pulley. I had a complete set of pulleys until recently when I got tired of replacing my battery every year or so. You do not get the rate of charging from your alternator with the U/D pulley that you did with stock. Noticed my lights going dimmer at every stoplight as soon as I went to U/D. Now I have the OE alternator pulley back and am still using the crankshaft U/D (which is where you get the bulk of your hp gain anyway. No problems since doing this!