Re: DML Digest V4 #644

From: Chris (Clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 21:04:45 EDT

On my premag i used regular old spray paint that i had bought at home depot
to paint my valvecovers. You can see some pics of them in my profile at:
http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/WWWProfile/dakota/WfVYmbTbX8r@2/profile.htm
In these pics they need to be degreased. The night i painted them it was
only about 35 degrees out and that is the weather i did them in, but they
will be replaced with chrome soon enough. But it has lasted for about
15000 mi with no signs of it coming off due to the heat. Also if anyone
goes to see it, let me know what you think of my truck.

Chris

>Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 22:43:39 -0500
>From: boydmcguire@mindspring.com
>Subject: DML: Engine Temps
>
>I was @ AutoZone pickin up some engine paint today, and saw they had a
>500degree paint, and a 1200 degree paint, both dyno heat tested(whatever the
>hell that is). Anyway, which should I get? I painted the battery tray w/
>500(think im safe there) and thinking of doing the fender wells and the
>outside (where all the stuff is mounted) in the 500. As far as headers?
>Valve covers? Alternator? Engine?
>Blake
>'93 LE Silver/White
>4x2 Auto
>5.2L 318cu V-8

----
'88 V-6, V-8 planning in progress, 2wd, FABM, A-518 Tranny, Accel Ignition,
Blue Interior Lights, "Free Flow Cat", ... and more...
----