Upper ball joints.

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 21:53:25 EDT

Well, i found the reason to my unusual outter tire wear on my dakota at the
front wheels. BAD BALL JOINTS. For the person who posted that this is a
"Common thing and it is built that way" please do not spread that
information. i have 2 sets of good tires that are all rounded out. yes.
i've aligned them. the alignment shop told me that it's the ball joints that
are screwed up... so, ANYONE out there with a dakota should check into this.
 bad ball joints can lead to the "steering clunk" so take it in for
service...
-Dester