My letter to CC

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 22:29:28 EDT

Greetings,

I must first tell you that I have been buying Chrysler Products for many
years. I own and drive these cars exclusively. I have discarded the various
stories of how consumers have been mislead and abused by CC in the past as it
has never happened to me. But the rules have changed, to use your sales
expression.

I am not going to make this a long and drawn out e-mail. I was mislead when
I ordered my 1999 Dakota R/T. Your television, radio and newspaper(along
with magazine) advertisements lead people to believe that the Dodge Dakota
was capable of out towing anything in its class. But according to your
recent restriction on towing capability of the R/T model, I now have a
$26,000 truck that cannot tow its own weight.

I am disappointed to say the least. Unless some concessions are made to me by
your firm, I will never purchase another Daimler-Chrysler product again.
Period! And I will be sure to advise anyone contemplating a purchase from
you to think again.

I will mention the other problems that the truck is having, and the inability
of Chrysler service to repair it. A/C evaporator core cracked, dip stick
doesn't fit, rotors out of round, clunking noise in steering, leaking rear
transmission seal, drive shaft vibration, defective headlamp switch, and
several other things. When I took delivery of the truck, it had a dent in
the passenger door, damaged alloy rim(2) and a dented bumper. I was able to
get one of the rims replaced by the dealer, but the rest is just something I
have to live with.

Its a sad day indeed when I contemplate the purchase of a new Ford Lightning
pick up truck.

Once again, I am unhappy...........really.

Fulton Rivers
1999 Dakota R/T (Lemon)