Re: In-line fuel filter,Attn: Christopher

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 06:51:07 EDT

Good Morning Christopher,

I also thought that an in-line fuel filter was a good idea. I don't know why
they are not installed at the factory anymore. Maybe cost cutting, ease of
assembly or what ever.

I just installed an in-line fuel filter on my '97 Dakota 5.2 and a '98 Jeep
4.0.
The work was done by the private mechanics that maintain my vehicles.
The filter you choose must be rated for the fuel pressure of your Dakota.
In my case, both the Dakota v8 and the Jeep 6 have about the same fuel
pressure. I believe the filter we chose to use is manufactured for a Ford v8
(current model), but I'm not sure. Both filters were installed on the frame
rail
about midway using flanged steel line and pressure fittings. The mechanics
did a great job making it a neat installation, secured to the frame rail and
undercoated to match the rest of the undercarriage. It looks like a good
factory setup.

Since I do a lot of traveling between Michigan and Oklahoma I cannot always
be sure if I am getting clean fuel. This gives me a little peace of mind.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan
drd892@aol.com