Re: After the MSD install

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 23:09:06 EDT

The general population seems to think that the MSD (and others like
it...Jacobs, Accell, CompCams, etc.) will instantly convert their vehicle
performance from normal to a high. This is not true...sorry to say...and
the performance gains with the ignition system alone are nominal. However,
a modified engine cannot work properly without the ignition system working
optimally. This is where all the ignition systems come into play.

As for the throttle response, look into the TB unit and exhaust for any
decent improvements.

I've personally run the MSD systems on most of my vehicles (and installed in
the old shops I used to work in) and have had great results on all of them.
(95% of the vehicles were also medium to highly modified engines.) Would I
put it on my old Javelin...maybe ("keep it factory thing")...wife's Jeep
GC...definitely.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net