RE: Siren speaker mounting

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 00:34:38 EDT

Hey James,

This is what I did on my '95 (V8) when installing my airhorn. I don't know
if the '99's have the same amount of space. Look under the battery tray,
easily viewed from front drivers wheel well. I pulled the battery, drilled
the mounting holes in the trays water drain ways (so the bolt heads don't
contact the battery bottom) then I mounted the dual air horns to the bottom
of the battery tray. Lots of space on my '95, they are close to the battery
for electrical connect, and point forward for good sound dispersal. If you
are concerned about the bolthead/battery contact, get a vibration mat & cut
to fit in the tray to add a layer between the two.

Hope it helps.

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil - Rancho 5000/9000
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI