RE: 88 4x4 3.9

From: Rick & Jenny Stedman (stedman@mwr.is)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 07:30:29 EDT

Have you looked at the fuel system? i.e. fuel pressure regulator, fuel
filter. Vaccuum lines in good shape? Try putting a vaccuum gauge on the
engine and see if there is any problem with back pressure in the cat (the
gauge will increase in pressure when you accelerate). EGR/ Transducer assy
working good? Electrical connections good and clean at the computer? I had a
similar roblem with mine a while back and it seemed like I replaced and
checked everything before it got better, just hang in there.

Rick
stedman@mwr.is