RE: Lockers used with a manual trans

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 08:12:43 EDT

Shorter wheelbase, plus it's a couple of years older so any scratches or
dents don't cause as much concern. On the other hand, the '98 has the V8
and larger tires. Come to think of it, I like them both :-)

> Anyway, thanks for the info. Damn that link you provided
> has a sh*tload of stuff on it. That guy has no life. ;)

There's a lot of that on the Internet. He's been collecting it for years.
I think I found that site before I even bought my Dak (I was still in the
research stage).

> Oh, and someone else wrote me and told me the '98 front
> drive train is a modified Dana 35--is that not what you
> heard? I think it jives with previous 'rumors' I have
> heard, but I certainly aint no 'pert n'ither.
>
> Thanks,
> JY

Hmmm... anyone with a '98 service manual care to verify either way? I got
the 7.25" information out of the '95 service manual. I can definitely say
that there were no Dana axles used in '95. I thought the '98 used the same
axles, but I could be mistaken.

Jason Bleazard jbleazard@home.com Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto