Silicone Intake Hose

From: RCPL-VAN CNIWR (RCPL-VAN_CNIWR@van.reid-crowther.com)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 13:50:22 EDT

     Hi, everybody. Ever wondered where those import cars with the aluminum
     intake pipe get that high-tech looking piece of colored hose to
     connect the pipe to the TB? Well, I found a place! They make all
     kinds of hose and one of their products is exactly what I'm talking
     about. Here is the manufacturers addy:

     http://www2.burke-silicone.com/burke/PUROSILTURBO.HTML

     Bear in mind, this is the manf., so they are mostly interested in
     distributors or high-volume buyers. I emailed them, and Larry Scott
     phoned me today and told me of 2 places in Canada that I can buy from
     for individual use. In Ontario, call PRM Jetstream Intake Systems
     1-888-811-3993. I've seen their ad before and they make intakes
     similar to the AirRaid, but for imports. They buy their hose from
     Burke and will sell it. On the West Coast, Green Line Sales in
     Burnaby, BC, sells it also. Talk to Sue. He's getting me more info. on
     Greenline via email, so I'll update once I get it.

     So, to all those wanting to make that trick looking intake or ram air
     setup, I hope this is of use to you. I have a K&N 14x3 on my truck
     already, but I like to tinker and make things, so I'm thinking of
     doing a fiberglas airhat with 2 inlets and have 2 alum. intake pipes
     side by side with 2 K&N cone filters on the pass. side. We'll see how
     ambitious I am :O)

     Chad Niwranski
     99 R/T CC Black/agate
     Abbotsford, BC