Re: Draining antifreeze

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 19:30:06 EDT

Wisotzkey, Rich wrote:

> OK,
> What is a good way to catch the antifreeze coming out of the draincock and
> directing it into a container? Last time I did this I watched the
> antifreeze miss my container and run all over the splash guard, and across
> the garage floor. Thanks for any ideas.
> Rich - Ashburn, VA
Mine has a little piece of hose attached to the drain. I use a rubber
hose with an inside dia. that is the same as the outside dia. of the
drain tube and push it over it as an extention. I used a piece about 2'
long into a catch pan. For drains without the preattached hose, you can
use fuel hose and attach it right to the drain. Alan S.