Re: Re: RE: was Selling My R/T now FIREHAWK

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 23:24:09 EDT

No Dak content here, but the Firehawk thread has gone on
long enough that I can't resist chiming in. My Dad just
traded in his '94 Z28 for a '99 Firehawk. He's retiring
this year and has decided to spend my inheritance I guess.
I say more power to him, especially if it has anything to
do with buying fast cars. Anyway, back to the car--he
ordered it in '98 and expected to get a '98, but for
various reasons they never went into production with '98's,
so he got bumped to the waiting list for the '99 and
finally picked it up this past March. I haven't been the
1100 miles home to see it yet, but I will in June. It
actually doesn't have the fixed headlights as that was one
of the major reasons they didn't produce any '98's, but it
does have two huge 'nostrils' for intakes and a bad ass set
of wheels. He says it's like a completely different car
compared to the Z28 . . . and should be I guess for the
price. I can't wait to see it . . . and hopefully drive it
(please let dad trust me, please let dad trust me, please .
. . ) Thanks for letting me waste your time with a GM
product topic--actually after SLP gets a hold of it, I
don't think it should get to count as a PieceofCrap, er, I
mean Pontiac.

JY