Possible towing solution for R/Ts

From: RCPL-VAN CNIWR (RCPL-VAN_CNIWR@van.reid-crowther.com)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 11:45:58 EDT

     I read Erik Rekkers post on the DML about the pinion angle thing
     causing gear and shaft failure on R/Ts, and it got me thinking. Rather
     than down-grade the towing capacity and pissing ALOT of people off,
     why don't they make angled shims to put in between the axle and leaf
     spring, similar to where a lowering block goes. Even cheap companies
     like AIM build this in to their lowering blocks so that pinion angle
     is correct. Seems like an easy fix, no?

     Chad Niwranski
     99 R/T CC Black/agate
     Abbotsford, BC