RE: 99 Dakota

From: Randall Chase (rwchase@ibm.net)
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 16:18:10 EDT

  Damien, I have had my '99 Club Cab Sport 4x4 with the 318 now for seven
months and have had no problems. I don't have a great deal of mileage on it
though (only 2500 miles), so I may not be the best of judges. I am pleased
with the truck so far. The factory radio is the only thing I have been
disappointed with. It got replaced with a Pioneer DEH-P6000. I am also not
happy with the fact that I did not get the factory limited slip rear-end for
the shear reason that the V-8 in the Dakota will break traction real easy on
even slightly rain slicked roads under minimal pedal. I have talked to one
guy that has had all sorts of problems. Everyone else just loves their
truck. I am new to the mailing list so I have not seen a lot of the traffic
here to tell you anymore.

-Randall Chase-